Abigail Diane

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Jack David

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

David & Jennifer

Daisypath

Thursday, September 17, 2009

{Back to Work - Mixed Emotions}

Sept. 14 is my first day back to work.....I have mixed emotions. I really love my job and it has given me a lot of personal satisfaction, but I really love being home and taking care of Jack as well. I have been given the opportunity to have the best of both worlds until Jan 2010. I am returning to work full, working 3 days in the office and 2 days from home. It will help make the transition back to work much smoother for our whole family. My life will change, but David's will change even more. He is use to getting up at 8:00 and leaving for work at 8:20, this will not be the case anymore. He will be getting Jack up, dressed, feed and ready for daycare. I know this will be a good bonding experience for both of them. I know this is best for all of us. I know myself and know that I will be a better mother and wife because of this. This will make our family time together at nights and on the weekends that much more treasured.

First day of daycare.......It was very hard to drop Jack off at the daycare. I did really well until we got to the parking lot. Then I started crying....I cried all the way to work, but by the time I got to work (an hour later) I was OK. Still missing Jack, but knew he was OK.

Jack had a very long first few days as well. He isn't use to all of the activity and noise that goes on at daycare. He was so tried the first few days. He would come home and fall right to sleep. He now has a routine down and seems very happy when we pick him up.

No comments:

Post a Comment